Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Professional Organizer??!!

It was recently brought to my attention that there exists an occupation called "Professional Organizer."

I assure you, it's real. According to the National Association of Professional Organizers,

"A professional organizer enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing skills. A professional organizer also educates the public on organizing solutions and the resulting benefits."

One must become licensed in the field, so it's not merely a self-proclaimed profession.

Go ahead- Google it. You'll find thousands of hits, from organizations to professional organizing businesses to personal websites of professional organizers. You can call me crazy, but the whole idea is outrageous and entirely appealing!

I am having a difficult time restraining myself from quitting school, having some babies, and becoming a so-called Professional Organizer for life. I could start my own professional organizing business out of the home and stay at home with the kids. So tempting. ;)

On second thought, I guess I better finish school and stick to re-organizing the contents of our refrigerator in my spare time.

1 comment:

M. Z. Ahern said...

Charlotte, I can so see it. So see it!! ;-). But stick with the plan till you've got the degree.