I was summoned last Monday to jury duty. For the first time in my life, I didn't have the excuse of being a student. I looked forward to fulfilling my civic duty, as I have always wondered just what jury duty is like. Unlike many people on the street, I didn't feel a need to wriggle out of it- in fact, I kinda hoped I would get selected to hear a case!
I wish I could say it was an exciting experience, but it was just the opposite. I was there by noon, as the summons had directed. I was home before 12:30. All potential jurors were dismissed because there were no cases to be heard. All of them had been resolved without a jury that morning. How anticlimactic!
At the very least, I still got paid, and I still had the rest of the afternoon off... even if I didn't really get to participate in a hearing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment