A week or so ago, my friend Carey introduced me to the concept of "cold soup" so I decided to give it a whirl this past weekend. Saturday night I made some gazpacho (from the Joy of Cooking). There are a few variations, but briefly, it is a mixture of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley (in my case, cilantro!), salt. Chop by hand or in a food processor, chill, and serve cold. On the side I made some tuna salad- tuna, boiled eggs, celery, pickles, jalapenos, mayo, and ate in warmed tortillas. A delicious dinner on a hot night!

We had some of the leftover soup and tortillas the next night with a cold shrimp salad dish I threw together with whatever ingredients we had on hand: celery, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.

Yum. We ate well last weekend, and kept the kitchen cool in the process.
2 comments:
Yum! Yum yum! Yum yum yum!
Mmmmmm....delicioso!
Post a Comment