Monday, June 22, 2009

Blueberries

As promised, here is evidence of our blueberry picking adventure. Despite the freeze that the farm experienced a few months back, there were enough blueberries to keep the farm open to visitors like us. Together, Nate and I picked 12.5 pounds in about 3 hours or so. Needless to say, we've been eating lots of blueberries. We've frozen a good portion of them which should last us a while. I plan to make some blueberry jam when we get back from Colorado.

Between the four of us we picked at least 20 pounds, I'd guess.

Of course, we made blueberry pie.

This is a yummy blueberry coffee cake. The recipe calls for yogurt. Anything that calls for yogurt and blueberries has to be good! And it is.

1 comment:

nicole said...

can you send me that recipe? it looks delicious! (and in a couple weeks it's blueberry day at the farmer's market at work...)