Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tres Anos

Nate and I have been married for 3 years today. People like to ask at milestones like this whether or not it feels like 3 years have passed. In one sense, no. It seems like yesterday that we said our vows. In another sense, we have already been through so much together in just three years, including a hurricane, a home burglary, a new car, a job change, new jobs, graduation, a furry critter named Cheyenne, deaths and births in the extended family, a collapsed ceiling and other home repairs, cross-country travels, river tubing, sunburns, illnesses, and much more. Through all of the ups and downs and good times and bad, I am daily reminded of God's hand in our marriage-- of his steadfast love, provision, and mercy. I feel lavishly blessed to have a husband who is filled with the spirit of God, and who is upright, thoughtful, and strives to love me just as much as Christ loves the church. I hope that I can be as much of a blessing to him as he is to me.

Here we are on our wedding day: June 17, 2006.
From Wedding

From Wedding Reception

As I was browsing the photos, I was reminded of how our first dance was cut short when the music began fast-forwarding and we were forced to add a comical twist with some ultra fast footwork and a hurried finale. It was well worth the memory!

From Wedding Reception

To celebrate this year, I surprised Nate with a weekend in Galveston where we stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel.
From 3rd Anniversary

And last night, Nate took me out to a delicious dinner at the Capital Grille. I was entirely spoiled by this outing. Our table was prepared with rose petals, "Happy Anniversary" confetti, and a card signed by the entire wait staff. We were also served free dessert and left with a printed photograph from the divine evening.
From 3rd Anniversary

And as if all that wasn't enough, Nate made a gigantic breakfast of blueberry pancakes and sausage this morning. AND, as if all THAT wasn't enough, I had a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my office today. I am so spoiled!!! I love this man!

I know that the list of experiences above is only a tiny fraction of what the Lord has in store for us for the many years to come. I look forward to the continuation of this journey ahead with my best friend!

2 comments:

Curryba said...

Congratulations! You guys are great.

I remember your fast-forward dancing perfectly and fondly. That was the best!

Rachel said...

Aw...I am just now catching up on your blog and this post is wonderful. I am so happy for you both and am looking forward to looking back on my first 3 years of marriage someday.:) The first two weeks have been pretty good...