Last night we were out in Pearland, and stopped in at a Barnes and Noble, where I happened to pick up a cookbook in the bargain aisle. A recipe for a breadbowl soup caught my eye. I have always enjoyed the breadbowl soups at Panera, but it had never crossed my mind to actually make it myself. Salivating, I memorized the soup recipe, canceled the original spaghetti dinner plans, and off we went to the H-E-B across the street from Pearland Town Center. Nate's first H-E-B experience, and my first H-E-B plus! experience. (Did you know that you can buy furniture in H-E-B plus?!). This is pretty much now my favorite grocery store in the Houston area, hands down. It's like a cheap grocery store on steroids, and a clearanced Central Market. Anyway, I could go on and on about how awesome this store is, but I'll cut to the chase.
We restrained ourselves from buying out the entire store and arrived home with this:

Here is the final product. So easy. And... Yum!

Obviously, these bread bowls are about 3x the size of the breadbowls Panera uses, but Nate ate his entire bowl, and although I made a valient attempt to eat all of mine, I just couldn't. However, I will finish it... no food goes to waste in this house!
1 comment:
Mmmmm, it looks delicious! Can you give me the recipe?
Post a Comment