Saturday, May 1, 2010

Winning the lottery

So in follow-up, maybe yesterday's post seems a bit random. And short. But we were on our way out the door when I read the article. A co-worker brought the merger to my attention yesterday, and as I've had my head in a hole for past couple of weeks, I haven't been keeping up with the news. The merger is kind of a big deal locally since Continental is currently headquartered in Houston and employs many Houstonians. If a merger is necessary, I just can't understand why it would be with United. Let's just say I've had bad experience with United and O'Hare airport, and would rather pay an extra $50 to fly on another airline.

Moving on, it's been a productive morning. Since I sent Nate off biking, I have gone running, made and eaten 3 fried eggs, a bowl of 7-grain hot cereal, and a banana, and currently am enjoying a tall glass of sweet tea after a successful trip to the grocery store. Sometimes, when I get home from grocery shopping, I feel like I've won the lottery. First of all, the blackberries were 10/$10. Yum! And more impressively, I purchased cereal for 99 cents... at a sale price of $1.99 plus $1.00 off coupons attached to the box, I saved $4.00 per box! What a steal. Have you tried this stuff? It is de-lish. And at 99 cents per box, how can you go wrong?

1 comment:

M. Z. Ahern said...

I'm impressed! Way to shop!