My belly button has 3 more days to invert. A month or so ago, Nate and I made our predictions about when the amazing inversion would occur. I guessed Jan 31. He guessed something like March... I can't remember.
One of our staff statisticians found out how far along I was and nearly fainted. She couldn't believe I wasn't further along than I am. "You're already so big!" She (very seriously) asked me if I thought I might gain 50 pounds before the baby is born. I had to laugh. Am I really that big? I don't think so, but apparently Nate has had similar thoughts.
So glad it's Friday! Wish I could spend it outdoors... it will be 71 degrees and sunny today! Thankful I'm not being blasted by winter storms :). And, it's Houston marathon weekend... Ryan Hall is in town (The Nate is very excited to see him run in the flesh).
Happy weekend, everyone!
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At my baby shower for Win, there was a game where people guessed how big I was around and the closest guess got a prize. I was maybe 7 months along and I think I ended up being 36 inches or something like that. Well one of the guests, my sister actually estimated fifty inches.
FIFTY inches!!?? I'm only a little over sixty inches tall!!
SO I think that's hilarious about your coworker. I'm sure you look super beautiful and are gaining exactly the right amount of weight.
Well? Waiting with baited breath. Did you invert today?
You look vibrantly healthy and beautiful in the recent pictures.
Andrea, I've been to showers with a similar game where you have to take a roll of toilet paper and tear off the length you think would be closest to fitting around the mother's waist. Every time I manage to mortify myself when she goes to put my piece around her waist; I've generally come up with a length big enough to fit around her 3 or 4 times. The wondersomeness of pregnant bellies seems to have a way with our imaginations :).
We played the belly guessing game at a baby shower a few weeks ago and most people overestimated as well. Since I was the game hostess, I made a rule that the winner is the person closest to the belly size--- without overestimating. And still, there was not a single person who underestimated.
Post a Comment