Monday, October 31, 2011

A few things I've learned

A few things I've learned since becoming a mom:

- Many tasks which I previously thought required two hands can be accomplished with one (or even with one foot.... never underestimate the utility of your toes)

- If you stay at a hotel with a baby, they will book you a room at the end of the hall without your even asking (sigh of relief)

- More people are interested in talking to "you"... ie talking to the baby. I was at the grocery store last week with Clyde and the sacker kept talking to Clyde and then asked if we needed help out. I answered him and he said "No no, I was talking to HIM". And as I walked away I didn't get a Goodbye or Thank you, rather Clyde got a "Now don't give your mama any trouble today!" I shoulda sent Clyde to the store for me.

- Everything, and I mean everything, is more exciting with a kid around.

- Time goes by way too fast.

- Sleep is overrated.

- Diapers are expensive.

- .... there are more, but baby calls.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nice post, Char, and it has been fun to catch up on your last few posts (it was especially interesting to read your birth story...thanks for sharing that!). I haven't checked this blog lately and I will have to do so regularly from now on because I need my Clyde fix as often as possible. (Oh, and I like hearing about you, too. ;))