Sunday, April 14, 2013

Minneapolis recap

I had a work trip to Minneapolis this week and here are some highlights:

- lots and lots of snow (seriously???  It's spring!  How can people live this way?)
- calling home and asking Clyde what was on his shirt and his response "puffah fish"
- the lady at Chipotle who asked me "What are you having?" To which I responded "A chicken burrito" when all she wanted to know was if I was having a boy or a girl
- related to this, the man who ran up to me in the street yelling "Girl!  You look like you 'bout to pop!  I'm not a gynecologist but I can catch it!"
- watching planes depart on snowy runways and heavily falling snow.  Coming from the land of "We don't go outside if a single snow flurry has been spotted," I had no idea this was even possible.
- thereafter sitting on the plane for 3 hours (THREE HOURS) before finally taking off.  not fun!

Baby Girl sure has had some last minute in-womb adventures.  Snow, plane ride, and lots (lots) of stares.

Needless to say, I am happy to be home where it is sunny and in the 70s, and not 30 degrees.

3 comments:

M. Z. Ahern said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing. At it all.

M. Z. Ahern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

"Girl! You look like you 'bout to pop! I'm not a gynecologist but I can catch it!"

LOL. I mean, what do you say to that? What DID you say to that? Amazing how strangers feel like a visible pregnant belly is an invitation to comment/invade your privacy, eh?