Monday, April 30, 2007

Can we keep the visiting professor?

I took one course this semester from a visiting professor from Berlin, Germany: Raul Rojas. I don't intend to discount the department's faculty here, but Dr. Rojas was a breath of fresh air in comparison. His genuine love of his research and teaching, and concern for his students was apparent both inside and outside of the classroom. In my personal experience as a graduate student, I would say that the student-faculty interaction at the personal level could use some tutoring from Dr. Rojas. He will be missed when he returns to Germany!

Dr. Rojas is currently working on designing an autonomous car which I find incredibly fascinating. It will be entered in a competition here in the states in November.

2 comments:

Nate Ahern said...

Oh goody, now I can fall asleep at the wheel all I want!

M. Z. Ahern said...

I was thinking something similar. I could use a driverless car for all those nights when I'm too tired to drive home. very handy.