The Husband and I were picking up a couple sandwiches from Subway in Colorado Springs to lunch on at Garden of the Gods and I was surprised to see that the woman in front of us was being refused service because she was trying to order a sandwich while talking on her cell phone. Smiling, I noticed a posted sign stating something like "No cell phones while ordering." Eureka!
I never understood excessive cell phone users. I am pretty sure that, driving home from work, 95% of the drivers around me are on their phones. At least half of the students that I pass walking from one building to another are on their phones. Last summer in Aspen The Husband and I saw someone on their trotting horse yakking away on their phone! It seems that everyone always has something to say, to someone, at all times. Is there something so important to discuss that it cannot wait until you are home? I still remember the days before cell phones even existed. I seem to remember that we all survived without them. Now, it would be easy to believe that the human race would perish without this cherished source of communication!
Cell phones are good, as long as they are used in a safe and polite manner. I am glad to have one myself, although I view it more as a tool for emergency situations, "touching base," getting directions, finding someone, etc. Of course, I'm not much of a phone chatter so that plays into my biased view on cell phones. I guess it's just amusing to me the way people get into their vehicles for their commute to where-ever and immediately dial someone's number. As if 30 minutes in the car alone is so unbearable!
Anyway, before I get carried away I will terminate this poost. For the sake of safety and some social etiquette, please use your head before picking up your cell phone. And Thank You, Subway, for imposing cell phone rules.
*this poost prompted by loud cell phone user in middle of University library. I thought libraries were supposed to be quiet places to study?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment