Sitting around the dinner table, The Husband and I recently had a discussion about food, a favorite topic of discussion in our household. We discovered that if we were ever limited to one food item per food group, we would both be content eating the same ones.Our top preferences in each food group (excluding grains, which we forgot to discuss) were as follows:
Fruits
The Husband: Banana, Apple, Mango
The Wife: Banana, Blueberry, Watermelon
Vegetables
The Husband: Spinach, Avocado, Potato
The Wife: Spinach, Cucumber, Lettuce
Meats
The Husband: Chicken, Fish
The Wife: Chicken, Fish
Dairy
The Husband: Yogurt
The Wife: Yogurt
And there you have it. Give us some chicken, spinach, bananas, yogurt, and some bread/rice, and all would be well. To spice things up, however, some jalepenos would be a nice addition.
3 comments:
Remarkably healthy sounding. And yummy.
I am curious about the grains, though: does rice trump bread? Do oatmeal and couscous and barley and corn meal even figure in?
We didn't much discuss grains, though we wondered if spaghetti counts as a "grain" since it is processed, though healthy.
I would certainly go with bread (a good, crusty, darkish, hearty sort of bread), with perhaps oatmeal a close second. Rice and spaghetti (if it counts) third.
I would definitely go with rice first, then pasta (if it counts) and then bread.
Post a Comment