Sunday, August 3, 2008

Change

We cleaned the house yesterday and in the process I somehow swapped the placement of our toothbrushes in the toothbrush holder. After brushing my teeth last night, I realized that I had blindly taken "my" toothbrush from it's usual location and used it, without first looking at it. Can you see where this is going? Yep. I used The Husband's toothbrush. I guess things like this happen in marriage. You accidently use your spouse's toothbrush, acknowledge the mistake, panic for a brief moment, then move on. Now, had it been one of my brother's toothbrushes, I am sure I would have thrown a fit.

"At least I can adapt to change," The Husband said to me. Contrary to my lack of attention to the toothbrush I was using, he had actually looked and used his own toothbrush, despite its swapped location in the toothbrush holder.

Whoever said I always pay careful attention to details better think again.