For the first time since our wedding, I momentarily misplaced my wedding ring.
Last night we were at TCBY for 99 cent waffle cone Wednesday (thanks to Lisa B, who enlightened me about this spectacular special offer). I was wiping some fro yo mess off of my fingers which had dribbled out of the bottom of the cone when my heart skipped a beat. My left ring finger was bare. Where was my wedding ring?? The Husband, being of a calmer nature than me, smiled and explained to me that since the ring does not come off of my finger easily, I must have left it in the bathroom after I took a shower, shortly before we left the house. Right. Even though this made sense, I couldn't figure out why it would have taken me this long to have realized it was missing. I was still a nervous wreck. Not only was it my wedding ring, but it was an heirloom. I wanted to call The Cat and ask her to check in the bathroom to see if my ring was there, but obviously that wasn't going to fly.
Needless to say, we raced back home (well, at least The Husband describes my driving as so) and found it sitting on the bathroom counter, right where I always put it after showers in order to put on lotion. What a relief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment