Currently I gobble down a variety of chocolates, including but not limited to:
-Chocolate covered gummy bears
-Blueberry chocolate balls
-Caramel chocolate balls
(my favorites)
I am realizing that one of the perks of this job is the steady supply of gifts during the Christmas season. Yesterday I came into my offce to find a gift sitting on my desk from one of the department administrative assistants. Yes, she has a key to my office. (Should that make me nervous?) It was a beautiful Christmas mug filled with a hot chocolate packet, gingerbread spice tea bags, a homemade coaster, and lots of goodies. It gave me the warm fuzzies, as I have not received a Christmas gift like this since grade school. You know, the kind that's not from a family or friend, but from someone that you work with, or school with. Today my boss came by with a bag of gourmet chocolates (partially described above) and I have been eating them all morning. (Come on, stomach ache! But I don't care. It tastes de-lish. Except, perhaps I should save some for Nate).
This afternoon is the staff holiday party (holiday, not Christmas. sigh).
I feel like I'm in grade school again, when we used to have Christmas party day and all we would do all day is exchange little gifts like candy canes and chocolate, and have punch and cookies while listening to a Christmas story or watching a Christmas movie in our pjs. Too bad they don't have pjs & movie day for adults.
p.s. I know, I saw the chocolate covered gummy bears and almost hurled immediately. And then I put one in my mouth, and I proceeded to glow with glee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You get all the fun.
chocolate covered gummies! sounds dreadful!
Post a Comment