Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weather you like it or not

I guess I got a little too excited about last weekend's dream weather, because all of a sudden Texas is getting pounded by the cold. When I woke up this morning around 6:30am, it was windy and raining and I turned on the tv and saw that it was 70 degrees here and 30-something at the airport (30 miles north). Within a matter of minutes (according to the weatherman) the temperature dropped from 70 to the 40s and tonight it will be in the 20s with a chance of snow through Friday. Hello, Houston weather. You are strange. Please revert back to warm, sunny weather, because I do not like the cold bleakness one bit. It means that I cannot go outside without wearing a lot of clothes, and I prefer not to be weighed down by mounds of clothing. I'm already weighed down by a belly.

In other news, my belly button can still hold a few drops of water, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

M. Z. Ahern said...

I noticed that Dallas was colder than GJ today (we were in the 20s, they were 18!!), but I didn't realize that the storm's reach extended all the way to Houston!