Friday, December 19, 2008

The Plumber's Crack: Truth, not myth



I'm working from home this morning (I know, if I'm supposed to be working, I need to make this quick), as the plumbers are back to finish the repair of our leaky pipe in the bathroom. The dry wall people will be by next week to assess the damage and make the repairs. I'm sure I'll post more later, as well as pictures so you can see the giant hole in our ceiling, which Cheyenne has been desperately trying to get up into, meowing as though she were in heat.

For whatever reason, the condo association sent a three-man plumbing show for what seems to me to be a simple fix (but what do I know about plumbing?). When they were here on Monday, Nate stayed here with them and said that the leader of the pack had the typical plumber's crack hanging out of his pants. I found out as a young child that the plumber's crack is not just in the cartoons. I can vividly picture a plumber with his head stuck under our kitchen sink with his butt crack hanging out in clear view. I, a small child, was horrified. Or more likely just plain disgusted.

Anyway, I am working in the guest bedroom/ office with the doors shut, with Cheyenne, while Nate is out with the circus. I am glad I don't have to see any bare bottoms today. Hopefully they will be gone soon so that we can get to our respective workplaces.

2 comments:

Nate Ahern said...

Ah, the sweet, fresh blush of reality in all of its vivid imagery. Thank you.

This is a case where a stereotype lives up to its name with a vengeance. It is incredibly humorous to behold, because it is such an obvious and ridiculed blunder.

The small joys of life, hmm?

M. Z. Ahern said...

Gross.