This morning on my run I passed a dead cat on the sidewalk. It was black, and as I approached it, I prayed that it was a garbage bag, and not an animal. Sure enough, as I passed by, I identified it as a cat. And it was long gone. And mentally, so was I.
I really can't handle seeing dead creatures. It's not the blood, or the mangled nature, or the position of the animal, but it's the idea that this animal is inanimate, and it shouldn't be. And on top of that, was there any suffering? My entire body is chilled- whether it be a dead bird, or frog, dog or cat. The image is enough to make me jump, shriek, and then feel an immense sense of sadness for the animal and any owner involved.
I went home and immediately called to have someone remove the cat (with Nate's help). It was the least I could do.
On a brighter note, Nate and I are headed out this weekend with the Hendricks for a 3-day weekend at a lakehouse. Happy Valentine's and Presidents' Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, Charlotte! I'm so sorry. I know that's always rough.
I hope you have a good weekend, though! It sounds fun. :)
Post a Comment