Friday, January 2, 2009

And thus begins my 29th year

I just turned 28 on Monday and I can definitely feel the difference between 27 and 28. Now that I'm 28, I have more of a sweet tooth, I gravitate towards works by Elton John and Billy Joel*, and I have a deep sense of contentment due to my personal in-house musician**. See evidence below:

In the morning before work, Nate took me out to our favorite breakfast nook: The Buffalo Grille. Later in the evening we had some dessert: Nate baked me a delectable devil's food cake from scratch with some homemade icing.Following dessert, I enjoyed an impromptu solo violin performance by the one and only N.J. Ahern. I then opened a handful of presents and called the day Swell.
*Among other lovely items I was presented with two tickets to an Elton John/BillyJoel concert in March

** Nate, please don't kill me for posting these

3 comments:

M. Z. Ahern said...

Yeah, Nate, don't kill her for posting these. I need her!!

Charlotte, did you know Mark DenHoed follows this blog? I made a comment to John today about the placement of the waistline of his jeans (very low, due to the fact that they don't make pants with John's waist/inseam and we go for the inseam) -- something about his him almost being a plumber -- and Mark immediately referenced your blog. :-)

Thanks for posting the pix and comments.

Nate Ahern said...

Well I NEVER! Nate desperately needs to cut his hair, poor blighter.

Unknown said...

Charlotte, I'm finally catching up on your blog. It's lovely and so fun to read! What a great day it sounds like you had...Nate knows how to put on a mean birthday celebration! Wish I could have sampled some of that cake. ;)